"Self-care does not necessarily involve time; it's a way of being" - Christine Hassler
Self-care is a daily choice of prioritizing ourselves. If you're like me, and anyone in a healing profession, you love helping people. What we often forget in our society is that you can't take care of anyone else unless you take care of yourself first.
Putting our needs above the wants of others is not being selfish. It's a necessity that helps us to bring the best version of ourselves to our relationships, work, and day-to-day tasks. Taking care of yourself helps you best better help others.
Here are some simple self-care strategies to try this week:
- Begin the day with something for you. This sets the tone for the day and non-verbally says 'My well-being is the most important thing today.'
- Schedule "Me Time" on the calendar. This will hold you accountable to do it!
- Unplug from gadgets, even is just for an hour.
- Buy yourself flowers. You know you're worth it!
- Opt for a gentle workout instead of a high-intensity session when you're tired.
- Play, be silly, act like a kid again.
- Designate 15 minutes at the end your day to doodle, color, or journal.
- Listen to your favorite music during commuting or while cleaning the house.
- Abandon perfectionism.
Self-care is an investment for life! Keep taking care of you today!